Download Adobe Acrobat Reader
Hello, welcome to the A.S. Imperial Valley Campus website!
Here you'll find information about upcoming events, how to get involved in student life and information about your current Associated Students Council.
Join us for our Official A.S.C. Meetings
Thursdays at 1:00 p.m. inside the Student Union Building (Calexico Campus)
Interested in Student Government?
Now Accepting Applications!!!
d join the A.S.C.!
Undergraduate students must maintain a 2.0 grade point average and graduate students must maintain a 2.85 grade point average.
Must be enrolled in at least 6 units at San Diego State University-IV Campus during the semester
Must be available to commit an average of 5 hours per week during each semester.
Must be available to attend A.S. Council & Committees Meetings
Applications may be picked up at the Student Union Building or at the Administration Building in the Calexico Campus.
APPLICATION PERIOD IS NOW OPEN AND WILL CLOSE ON FEBRUARY 28, 2013 AT 4:00 P.M. Applications must be turned in to Bookkeeper Robles in the Administration Building (Calexico Campus).
WRITE-IN PERIOD (If deadline missed): is March 1, 2013 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Write-In Applications must be turned in to Bookkeeper Robles in the Administration Building (Calexico Campus).
- President (1) The Associated Students Council President shall be responsible for appointing and conducting A.S. Council meetings, and appointing and overseeing A.S. Council Members’ duties and responsibilities. The President shall also work closely with members of the A.S. Council and other members of campus community. The President shall strive to maintain an appearance of excellence and promote the well being of the school and the students. The President will be responsible for serving a minimum of three (3) office hours per week, be part of three committees.
- Vice President (1) Vice-President: The Associated Students Council Vice-President shall be responsible for, managing the appointment process for vacancies in the A.S. Council, collect excused absence forms and oversee the Senators’ and Ambassadors’ duties and responsibilities. The Vice-President shall act as the liaison to student organizations. The Vice-President shall assist the President with the conducting of A.S. Council Meetings and A. S. Council Events. The Vice-President shall assume the responsibilities of the President in the event that the President cannot attend a meeting or event. If the President chooses to resign or step down from their position the Vice-President shall fill the Presidency. The Vice-President will be responsible for serving a minimum of three (3) office hours per week be part of three committees.
- Treasurer (1) The Associated Students Council Treasurer shall be responsible for maintaining a monthly report of the budget and working closely with the Associated Students Council Bookkeeper. The Treasurer will ensure that the credit card is used appropriately. Other responsibilities include familiarizing oneself with both the Activities and Student Union Budgets, keeping track of receipts and appointing an A.S. Council member to fulfill these duties in case of the Treasurer’s absence (before this is done the A.S. Council Bookkeeper must be notified). In the event that the Secretary is absent from a meeting, the Treasurer or designee shall assume the duties of the Secretary for that week. The Treasurer will be responsible for serving a minimum of three (3) office hours per week, be part of three committees.
- Secretary (1) The Associated Students Council Secretary shall be responsible for taking notes at all official and unofficial Associated Students Council Meetings, producing Minutes, Agendas, forms, memos, schedules, keeping orderly files, and working closely with the A.S. Council on pending projects, and campus events. The Secretary shall work with the A.S. Council Advisor and President to review Minutes and Agendas to ensure that they are correct. After Minutes have been signed by the President, the Secretary, and the A.S. Council Advisor, the Secretary shall be responsible for turning them in and/or having another member of the A.S. Council do so. The Secretary will be responsible for serving a minimum of three (3) office hours per week and three committees. In the event that the Secretary is absent from a meeting, the Treasurer shall assume the duties of the Secretary for that week. In the event that both the Secretary and Treasurer are absent from a meeting, the Vice President shall assume the duties of the Secretary for that week.
- Senator (3) The Associated Students Council Senators shall be responsible for Public Relations (PR). This includes but will not be limited to: making sure students are informed of current A.S. Council events on campus, and how to become involved with the A.S. Council. They shall do so by producing informational materials for all upcoming events. This includes but is not limited to: producing flyers and posters, having information posted on both the Student Union Building bulletin board and marquee, having information posted on the SDSU-IV and Associated Students Council websites, having mass e-mails sent out, and by simply informing others by word of mouth. Senators will also plan and organize events for the year under the direction of the President and Vice-President. Senator planning and organization shall include but will not be limited to: Fall and Spring Activities, Spirit Week(s), and any Political Forums. Senators are also responsible for serving a minimum of three (3) office hours per week and be part of four committees of their choice.
- Ambassador (3) The Associated Students Council Ambassadors will work closely with an assigned Senator. Their duties and responsibilities will be to assist and enhance Senators’ efforts in the planning and organizing of A.S. Council Events as well as assist them with Public Relations. Ambassadors are also responsible for serving a minimum of one (1) office hour per week and be part of four committees.
- Commissioner (4)
Cultural Arts and Special Events Commissioner: The Cultural Arts and Special Events Commissioner shall assist with the planning and coordinating of special events and cultural programs. They shall also serve as the Associated Students Council Representative to the Cultural Arts Board Committee. They may also take part in any committee(s) of their choosing.
Events Commissioner: The Events Commissioner shall assist with the planning and coordinating of Associated Students Council Events by acting as a liaison to the students concerning upcoming events such as but not limited to the Fall and Spring Welcome Back, Fall and Spring Activities, and the Graduation Activity. They may also take part in any committee(s) of their choosing.
Spirit Commissioner: The Spirit Commissioner shall assist with Public Relations and encourage Associated Student Council involvement and participation with campus events and activities. They may also take part in any committee(s) of their choosing.
Sustainability Commissioner: The Sustainability Commissioner shall assist with the Sustainability Committee by helping raise awareness of sustainability issues on campus and at A.S. Council events as well as encouraging the Associated Students Council towards a more eco-friendly lifestyle. They may also take part in any committee(s) of their choosing.